Mary Proctor receives the 2016 Honorary Lifetime Membership award, this is the highest award that is given to a woman through the Presbyterian Church USA. The award was given to Mary Proctor for her dedication to Christ and her workings of the church.
Presbyterian Women Activities:
Membership in Presbyterian Women is open to all women of the First Presbyterian Church. There is friendship and fellowship for all who choose to participate in or support Presbyterian Women in any way. Our ongoing commitment is to build an inclusive community of women of the church, to grow our faith through prayer and Bible study, to support the mission of the church, and to work for justice and peace.
We have circles, which are groups of women who gather together for a time to revisit Scripture with Bible study, to plan small projects to improve our community, and to bolster one another as we go through life’s Journey.
Keenager Banquet, Dinners for Bereaved families greater than thirty; Those catered by the family otherwise. Individual circles will be responsible for small dinners.
How We Serve the Community:
2. Keenager Banquet
3. Refreshments for Sanford Correctional Center
4. Birthday Celebration
5. Local Food Pantry
6. Flowers placed in the church each Sunday.
7. Memorial flowers placed in the sanctuary in memory of women who have died during the past year.
8. Visit nursing homes, sick and bereaved.
9. Meals prepared for those returning home from a hospital stay.
10. Meals and receptions served in the home or at the church at the death of any member.
11. Singles’ Luncheon
12. Least Coin Fellowship Celebration
13. Thank Offering Dedication
14. Habitat for Humanity
15. Children’s Hope Alliance
16. The Breadbasket
17. Church World Service Missions
18. Correspondence and gifts to our Youth and College Students
19. Preservation of First Presbyterian Church History
20. Library Fund and Committee
21. Scholarship Fund
22. Highway to Healing